To give you a little history of Random Acts of Kindness Day. It was first created in Denver, Colorado in 1995 and nine years later it spread to New Zealand in 2004. This day can include just about anything, including something as simple as taking a tray waving at a lonely neighbor. The idea is to make the world a better place by spreading a little light around. Lift someone up with your words bt compliment them on their appearance, all these things can help to really turn around someone who’s having a bad day.
Caution: What comes around, goes around. Random Acts of Kindness is highly contagious.
I love Random Acts of Kindness Day. We all know what to do. Perform a few random acts of kindness. Almost any kind act will do. What’s great is you can perform kind acts on as many people as possible. When you go to bed, you will remember the wonderful things you did and they can go to bed feeling loved.
The kindnesses don’t have to be huge. I’ll give you a few ideas and you go from there.
- Hold the door open for those behind you.
- Say good morning to your boss, co-workers, and maintenance, and others you come in contact wit during your day.
- Offer to let someone else go first.
- Going to a new job can be frightening, but be friendly.
- Give someone a compliment at least once every day.
- Color a picture with your kids and make crafts to send a treat to a senior center or nursing home.
- Clean out your rooms and donate unwanted Knick-knacks and books to the people in need.
- Call special family members who you do not see often.
- Write a note to your parent(s) or grandparent(s) or a friend and tell them why they are special to you.
- Smile. Smiling is easy and happiness is contagious!
See how easy it is to celebrate this favorite day of many people. We all like the idea of showing a little kindness to others. Its fun and a good thing to do. It makes both the giver and the receiver feel good.
We thank the originators of this great day. They’ve truly helped to make the world a better place. We should never downplay the power a touch, smile, kind word, listening, a compliment or any act of caring can do. We can even turn a life around. Random Acts of Kindness Day encourages you to get out there and be the light you want to see in the world.